So, Im not a fan of “resolutions”… but I am a fan of goals. I set some goals for the new year and figured “what the hey…” so I reckon I’ll share them with you.
1. Get back in shape. A few years ago I lost 60 lbs, worked out regularly, and felt the best I’ve ever felt in my life. I’d love to lose weight- but really, I just want all the things that went along with that. SO… its back to the gym James. (James is my imaginary driver, butler, servant, etc- you should get to know him)
2. Be more creative. I’m most happy when I’m creating. I got a sewing machine for Christmas and have set up shop/invaded my husbands office with a makeshift craft corner. I’d like to spend at least a couple of hours a week sewing, hotgluing, painting or yielding something of somesort…
3. Get organized. This makes my list every year, and every year I feel like I only make a itty bitty teeny tiny baby step in the direction Id like to go… well, at least I’m not moving backwards. Maybe by the time I’m 80 I’ll be as organized as I’d like to be.
4. Read more. I used to read alot… Then I just got out of the habit. I still read- but only a couple of times a week. Now, granted I read blogs, magazines and stuff like that CONSTANTLY… but I’m talking real books people. I’d like to revisit some of the literary classics I havent read in years… Maybe some Tolkin or Austin… I dunno. I feel smarter when I read. By the way… I need to make it a daily goal to find my glasses tomorrow. I have no clue where I put them.
5. Have all my Christmas gifts handmade, wrapped and ready to go no later than October 1st. You heard it folks. I was so last-minute last year… I wanted to do handmade gifts for everyone, and I had GRAND intentions… but I just never quite made it there. But good news… I’ve already gotten started. The only down side is now I have gifts that I CANT wait to give to people and I have to hold onto them for 11 more months. I don’t know if I can make it. So some of you may be getting a Christmas Present in March. Just sayin.
6. Be a little more casual. I know this sounds weird. I’m not the girl who can’t leave the house without a full face of makeup or anything… and I’m only half high maintenance. As I get older my “style” evolves and does get more and more casual. Especially since I no longer work at the bank and could really go to work in my PJs if I so desired. SO… I’d really like to look more casual and be able to put alot less effort into my wardrobe. Not just effort in picking out clothes, but honestly, some clothes take an effort to wear. SOOOO I’ve invested in some lovely yoga pants, cutesy cotton hoodies and stuff like that. I still want to look good… just a little more effortless. Lets call it “getting a head start on my mommy wear”. I’m just in preparation. Hey, I was always taught “dress for the position you want, not the position you’re in”.
7. Be a better friend/daughter/cousin/niece/Aunt etc. I’m SOOOO bad about calling my friends and family. I’m NOT a phone person. I’m so sorry if that upsets you. I do need to be better about it. I’m vowing to call you- yes you… at some point… eventually… in the future. I promise. I also would like to send you cards, letters and little presents in the mail- but lets not get too far ahead of ourselves… I’ll start with a simple phone call.
8. Be a better wife. Ok, really I don’t know where to improve here… cause we all know that I’m the MOST perfect wife out there. Come on- even you wish you were married to me. *wink RIGHT… As sarcastic as that was… I do think I’m a good wife… but I’d like to be better. The specifics we’ll leave between Me, God and Jimmy… MmmmK.
9. Read my Bible- every day. Judge me if you must, but I’ll admit… I fail to read my Bible every day. Some weeks I do good… but most weeks I fall way short in this area. I don’t know what it is that makes this task so stinkin difficult for me. Am I the only one that struggles in this area?
10. Be more outdoorsy. So last year I discovered a love for camping. We only went twice, but I LOVED it. I’d love to go at least 5 or 6 times this year. Id also like to do more hiking and biking. Greenville is the PERFECT place to live and I SO want to take advantage of the city once the weather warms up a bit. (Maybe by the end of the summer I may even pee outside- ok never mind… not gonna happen… Sorry Brooke)
So of course there are more things that I’d like to accomplish, and as much as I change my mind, this list changes about as frequently. So maybe next year we will revisit this list and see how I did. But only if I did good.
“Prepare my bed James, Im tired”.